Let’s start with answering basic question first and then we will move to some working tips to increase AdSense CPC. CPC stands for Cost per click, in short money which you make/click is what CPC. Now, you might have noticed Adsense publisher talking more about CTR and less about CPC. If you are really serious about your Adsense revenue, you should, work more on CPC than CTR. Getting thousands impression on your ad won’t be of much help but a blog with good CPC with decent CTR can create a huge difference.
CPC has nothing to do directly with your traffic, if you would realize and noticed micro-niche blogs, you might have realized despite of less traffic such sites make more money from Adsense. Reason is simple and that is eCPM for such blogs are so high that you get paid really well for CPC and then there are other factors like Ad competition, Keywords and many more.
First thing that you have to do is choose a good niche for your website. Niche related to internet marketing, web development, finance, gaming and health etc are high paying as the CPC for keywords related to these niche’s are quite good. Most of the times, you would not get good CPC in case you decide to go for education or entertainment related niche’s.
It doesn’t matter how much you want to make from Google AdSense, you just have first focus on choosing a website niche that is either ever green or giving you rock solid income opportunities for a long time. Selecting your niche can determine how much money you can generate each and every month from your Google AdSense ads.
Find Profitable Keywords
Do you want to know how to increase CTR AdSense? Create a list of all the profitable keyword ideas in your field and start using them while creating content for your blogs.
Keyword research is the key to increase AdSense CPC. If you are looking for proven ways on how to get high cpc adsense for your blogs, here are few keyword research tips for you.
- Spy on your competitors best performing keywords. One of the easiest ways on how to increase your CTR AdSense is to find out all the keywords that are being used by the top earning blogs in your field. You can do this by using tools such as SEMrush. It can really help you find out all the top keywords of any niche! Here’s a detailed guide about it.
- Always find long tail keywords. They are easier to rank and give you lots of search traffic to your blogs. You can create lots of content by using long tail keywords. If you are wondering how to increase AdSense CPC with long tail keywords, I highly recommend you to give a try to Long Tail Pro.
- Make sure to find and use the keywords with a global search volume between 1000 to 2000 monthly searches. Using low competitive keywords can really help you increase adsense cpc.
- Always write keyword rich content. Before creating any new content for your blogs, make sure to do keyword research. Only after finding the primary and secondary keywords for your blogs, start creating content around it. That way you can quickly boost your blog’s search traffic as well as AdSense CPC and CTR.
Create Compelling Ads That Attract Visitors To Click
Focus on choosing your website visitors over ads. If you focus on your customers needs and wants, you will be able to create better Google AdSense campaigns to make decent passive income from AdSense ads. Use Google adwords keywords suggestion tool to come up with relevant phrases for your ads, focus on how competitive the keywords are and also analyze how much they can generate you for each keyword.
You need to ask yourself few questions before creating any campaign. Here few of them are
- Are these keywords searchable on Google?
- Do people really like to click on these ads without thinking much?
- How much each ad can generate (per click) aka analyze your CPC
Compelling ads always generate more CTR as they don’t give any false hopes to the visitors, and compelling ads always stand out from the competition. While creating ads, don’t imagine you are creating ads to generate more money, instead think from your customers point of view to generate more clicks.
Your headline of the ad, description and URL are the 3 essential ingredients that can make or break your click through rates, so make sure to have
- a powerful headline
- irresistible URL and
- a search engine friendly description
Ad placement is also the key.
Where you put your ads on your blog’s design plays a huge role in increasing your AdSense CTR and CPC. Here’s a simple screenshot that explains you about the ad placement.
The first block (which can be seen left side above) usually gives you highest AdSense CPC and CTR because the ad placement is so good when compared to the second block.
Quality Content Is The Key
One thing should keep in mind is that you should write contents around your website niche only. This way, you will be able to convert your website into well themed website for that niche. In case, you start writing about unrelated niche, you will see drop in click through rate you are getting on your Google Adsense Ads.
Create Converting Landing Pages
Once the visitor lands on your site for the first time, he will be first noticing your design elements of your websites. If your design is messy and give a spam feel, they will click exit button right away. So don’t create messy design just to generate more sales from your ads, it can kill your conversion rates.
Don’t create false promises on your landing pages and always make sure to deliver what you have promised on your headlines, or description of the ads. That way you will be able to get more CPC (cost per click) rates from your Google AdSense campaigns.
Here are few tips for increasing your AdSense CTR and CPC with your landing pages.
- Always focus on creating landing pages that are less distractive. The less distraction you provide the more benefits you will get.
- Use tools like GetResponse, LeadPages etc to create landing pages. They are cost effective and extremely easy to create stunning landing pages.
- Analayze how others are using landing pages in your field. See if you can replicate some of their features to boost your AdSense CTR.
Your website visitors location (geometric location such as US, UK, India) also matter when it comes about improving the CRT for Google Adsense Ads. A single click from US location can give you a CPC of $1 to $5 or even more and while the same click from Asian location will give you a CPC of $.01 to $1 only.
So make sure to define your target market before entering into any niche. Few best niches that can send you lots of US traffic to increasing your earnings are below.
- Real estate
- Weight loss etc.
Nurture Your SEO Efforts
On-page SEO and proper SEO optimization is really the key to increasing your AdSense CPC and CTR.
Make sure to use your targeted keywords within your title tags, sub headings, URL, image alt tags, links and throughout the body to make your content rank well in Google search results.
But be aware of keyword stuffing. If you use the same keywords repeatedly, Google crawlers may think your content is spam and it will penalize your rankings. Use relevant keywords instead of keyword stuffing, it can really help you boost your search rankings.