Follow the steps below to activate Android device manager on your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to Settings
- Then move to Security
- Then move to Device Administrators
- You will see some apps there and the first one would be Android Device Manager
- Tap on it and Activate it
Once you have activated Android device manager on your smartphone, you need to go to your web browser and follow the steps to find your lost Android device.
- Visit the Google Play home by clicking on this link
- You will see a Gear icon on the top right corner
- Click on it and you will see Android device manager
- Click on Android device manager
- Once Android device manager is opened in your web browser it will automatically contact your device. The map of your country will be displayed on your web browser.
- Once Android Device Manager has located your smartphone you will see its location on Google Maps and the distance it is away from you right now.
Now you will have three options there.
1.RING THE DEVICE:
This feature will ring your smartphone at fill volume for 5 minutes even if it is silent. Unfortunately the device won’t ring if it is switched off.
2.LOCK THE DEVICE:
This feature will lock your Android smartphone and will be provided a new password to access it. You can set your desired password on your lost smartphone.