WhatsApp is one of the giant Messaging Platform used by billions of people across the world. It is a known fact that WhatsApp has become quite a popular messaging app within no time because of its user-friendly features like WhatsApp Voice Calling, Unlimited transfer images, video and audio messages. Billions of all the smartphone users have WhatsApp instant messaging app installed on their devices so that they can send unlimited messages, share videos and images to their friends and beloved ones. Usually, WhatsApp is an instant messaging app that lets users create an account using a mobile number and make use of all its incredible features.
Methods to Use WhatsApp without Mobile Number
If your particular device doesn’t support to have an SIM card, you need not worry about how to use WhatsApp. Just make sure that your device has proper support for pretty good internet connection using any modem or Wi-Fi connection. There are two different methods to use WhatsApp without a mobile or phone number. Check it out!
- Download WhatsApp app from the Playstore and install it on your smartphone, tablet etc.
- Open WhatsApp and kick-start the setup process.
- Go to the PlayStore and download TextNow app. Do note that there’s no space between Text and Now. It’s worth noting that there is another app called Text Now which isn’t useful in this scenario. Just in case the TextNow app is incompatible on your device. Feel free to download an apk of the same from sites like APK Mirror etc.
- Open TextNow app and get through the initial setup process.
- Then note down the number of TextNow app. In case the number is now showing up, you can always dig out your number by click on the icon at the top left corner of your Android device.
- Now get back to WhatsApp and enter the same TextNow number in the verification box.
- Wait for Verification by SMS option to fail (approx. 2 mins). Once it fails, go select the verification by call option.
- Go back to the TextNow app. You will soon receive a call. Note down the verification number.
- Open WhatsApp yet again and type down the verification number. Now you are up and running!
These are the three simple methods to use WhatsApp without using your phone number or SIM card. Hope this tutorial guides you in the best way to use WhatsApp without using your phone number.